- Custom suits from $795, custom tuxedos from $995: custom clothing to keep for the cost of just a few rentals
- In Store Experience: See finished garments and be fitted by a master tailor in our showroom
- Expert Tailoring: On site Master Tailor to help you achieve the look you want
- Fine Fabrics & Groomsmen Gifts: Fabrics from top mills: Ermenegildo Zegna, Guabello, and others.
Gift & personalize custom shirts, cuff links, ties, and pocket squares.
Groom Gallery: (click to zoom)
What Clients are Saying
“Just wanted to say thank you for helping me out with my tuxedo. So many rave reviews from friends, but the pictures really show the difference… Actually rented a tux for a wedding I was in this last weekend (we all had to look the same) and the difference was night and day. I felt the best I’ve ever felt wearing it on the best day of my life. Can’t wait to come back and get some more.”
Matt R. | Chicago, IL
“Nicholas- my fiance wore a 3-piece suit you made to our wedding. He looked amazing! I can’t wait to see him wear it again.”
Lea C. | Chicago, IL
“I just tried on the tux, everything fits great and I look forward to my wedding this Saturday. Thanks for providing a stress-free experience.”
Joe H. | Chicago, IL
Congratulations on your engagement!
As your wedding approaches and you prepare for your big walk down the aisle, look no further than Nicholas Joseph Custom Tailors, a wonderful resource for your Groom and Groomsmen. Whether you’re looking for a timeless tuxedo to accessorize a wedding at the Drake; a casual, custom fit suit for a rehearsal dinner; or the perfect, personalized groomsmen or father-of-the-groom gift, Nicholas Joseph is meant to “custom suit you,” no matter the wedding occasion.
With rental tuxedos approaching $200 and bridal gowns well over that, Grooms have been turning to something custom made that can be worn again and again during their newlywed years. Custom suits start at just $795, we recommend a 3-4 month lead time, and all the details and measurements (including those for non-local groomsmen), are handled by the experienced tailors at Nicholas Joseph.
Pricing is based on fabric of which a full range is available, from Super 120s year round worsted wool in black for an elegant custom tuxedo to classic linen for the tropical destination wedding. Checklist & Timeline (download)
- 4 Months Prior Select clothing, fabric, and styles, place order. (tuxes, 2pc, or 3pc suits? Budget per groomsman?)
- 3 Months Prior Finalize each suit/tux order’s style and measurements, place order (if not placed yet)
- 2 Months Prior First fitting for locals; non-local clothing sent out
- 1 Month Prior Tuxes or suits delivered
Group discounts available and parties of 5 or more are rewarded with a complimentary item of equal value for the Groom, whether it be a custom tux shirt or a custom tux. Alterations included in most cases. Half deposit required when order is placed. Rush fees apply on wedding orders less than 2 months prior to the wedding date.
Our custom suits and tuxedos are fully handmade and clients can choose styling options from the list below or can email or bring to their appointment examples or images of design details they prefer.
- Fabric: Select from Guabello Super 180s, Ermenegildo Zegna, and Loro Piana fabrics to year round Super 120s wools and wool-silk blends
- Lining: Choose jacket linings in matching and colorful solids and brilliant patterns
- Jacket style: Single, two, or three buttons, or double breasted
- Satin accents (for tuxes): Satin lapels, pocket piping, chest pocket, covered buttons, and satin trouser stripe
- Lapel style: Notch, peak, or shawl
- Pockets: straight, slanted, ticket pocket
- Vents: side, center, or non-vented
- Inner pockets: Two deep chest pockets, pen pocket, blackberry/business card pocket
- Inscription: the inscription of your choice embroidered above the inner right chest pocket
- Additional jacket features: functional cuff buttonholes (online by request, standard in store), buttonhole thread color, sweat guards, half for full lining, button upgrades (in store), hand pick-stitching on lapels and pockets, full hand canvas (by request)
- Pleats: flat front/no pleat, single pleat, double pleat, (inverted & box available)
- Cuffs: non-cuffed, standard 1 1/2 inch cuffs, or larger
- Additional pant features: cash divider in right front pocket, extended tab closure, standard forward pitched side pockets, rear pockets with hidden button, standard lining to the knee
- Vest style: standard single breasted, low cut single breasted, double breasted
- Vest back: standard lining or full fabric (no additional charge)
- Vest pockets: straight seam, flapped, and/or slanted